Teacher: Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Hi 3rd graders!
It was so nice to see new faces on Zoom this afternoon and to reconnect with so many students. Once again, we had a great turnout of 19 students! My favorite part was when we got to split into groups and work on a math problem together! I can’t wait to see you all again Thursday!
Today we warmed up with a game of Guess That Number! Then, we reviewed place value addition strategies and talked through a couple of problems together. You can watch a video of me explaining our strategies here!
Previously, we learned 2 fun math games that you can play at home with your families. Please check them out and play them so you can tell us all about it in the next Zoom!
Today we shared our Daily Diaries! We will continue to keep these daily diaries each day and have the option of sharing them on Zoom. Check out an example here!
We will have another Zoom this week on Thursday 4/9!
Time: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 1-2pm
Zoom Link: https://bostonu.zoom.us/j/497382729
Meeting ID: 497-382-729
- Google Classroom: Students have been assigned some math practice on Google Classroom. The assignment is called “Place Value Addition Practice 4/2” and is due Thursday, 4/9
- Khan Academy: Students should be spending at least 1 hour working on Khan Academy assignments each week!
- Daily Diary: Students should continue creating one Daily Diary entry each day. Please send me pictures of your child’s diary if you would like to!
- Teach a math game to someone in your family and send me a picture of you playing! Guess that Number, Find that Factor
- Julieanna, Evan, Xavier Rivera, Xavier Ramirez, Devorah, Ryleigh, Davian, and Shalineys have all been hard at work on Khan Academy! Keep up the good work!
- Jaylexis, Darelyn, Devorah, Julieanna, and Ryleigh also completed their work on Google Classroom! I hope to see many more students complete their work by Thursday!
I love and miss you all! Stay happy and healthy!!
Files for this Assignment: