Teacher: Burns (email@example.com)
Please read each question and answer the questions that follow using INFERENCES. Also, remember to be logging into Freckle- try to log on every day 🙂
A. Mom made sandwiches and put them in a basket, along with some fruit and chips. Dad grabbed the big checkered blanket and Robby got the Frisbee. Then the whole family piled into the car and headed out.
- Where was the family going? What makes you think so?
I think the family was going _______________ because ___________________________.
B. Edward was running as fast as he could. He could hear Jacob’s footsteps close behind him. He tried to run faster, but it was no use. Within seconds, Jacob was by his side, and then ahead of him. A moment later both boys collapsed under the old oak tree in front of the school.
- What were Edward and Jacob doing? Why do you think so?
Edward and Jacob were _________________. I know this because _________________.
3. Jake and Tim sat quietly next to each other, each thinking his own thoughts. Suddenly, the pole Jake was holding loosely in his hands jerked so hard, he nearly dropped it. “You got one!” exclaimed Tim excitedly. “Reel him in slowly.”
- What did Jake have? Why do you think so?
I think Jake caught a _________ because ______________________.
4. Callie picked herself off the pavement and checked herself over for injuries. No blood, and nothing seemed to be broken. Good thing she was wearing her pads and helmet. She walked over to the skateboard that was laying upside down a few feet away, popped it right side-up with her foot, and rode away.
- Why was Callie laying on the pavement? What makes you think so?
Callie was on the pavement because __________________. I think this because ____________________.
Files for this Assignment: