This Wednesday is Earth Day! A day we get to celebrate the beautiful planet we live on. I want you to do some light research and answer the following questions:
- When was the first Earth Day?
- Who started Earth and why?
- What did they do at the first ever gathering and how many people attended it?
- Do you think it is important we celebrate Earth Day?
- Although there is much to celebrate, obviously there is a lot of improvement needed on our planet today. What is one way you can/will contribute towards the solution rather the the problem? For ex. Complaining about how bad it is will contribute to the problem by bringing people down and giving more energy to the problem. Starting a litter collection club will contribute to the solution by giving energy to solving a problem in a constructive way. Not to mention bring in some money if you return cans you find, build morale around your neighborhood (when your neighbors see you out there they will feel motivated to help too), and spend time with your friends if you get them out there with you.
Cut and paste those five questions with your answers and email it to me by the end of the week. Im looking forward to giving feedback on your thoughtful responses.
Standards: Earth and Human Activity ESS3-4, 3-5 Engineering Design ETS1-2