Hello Second Graders,
This week we would like you to play the game “Get Close to Zero with 6 Rolls” We have played this game in school. We are practicing subtracting from 100. Below check out the video I made to help families play the game.
Get to zero with 6 rolls
- Die numbers 1-6 (if you do not have a die take a piece of paper and cut into 6 pieces and write the number 1-6. Place in a container and pick a number or numbers 1-6 playing cards)
- Fold a piece of paper in half the long way.
- Each player starts at 100
- Player A- rolls or picks a number and record it and write the number as a 1 or a 10 (4 or 40)
- Subtract the number rolled (100-40= ?)
- The answer for each turn is the starting number on the next turn.
Players take turns until one player gets close to zero. The player closest to zero wins.
Files for this Assignment: