Good Morning Pre-k Families! Below you will see activities that we practice in school every day! Reminder these activities are optional not mandatory! If you choose to do them please send me a video or picture on our class dojo.
- The days of the week. What day is it today, what day was it yesterday, what day will it be tomorrow?
- Months of the year.
- Count from 1-10 and backwards 10-1.
- The weather (throughout the week, have the children tell you the changes they see).
- Fundations echo A-Z ( see below video)
- This week’s letter of the week is H. Watch the video below to learn how to write the letter H using our fundations boards/ paper.
- After watching the video, have your child practice using the new technique they learned. If writing the letter H on a board or paper is challenging for your child, feel free to use playdough, shaving cream or paint.
- Once your child has practiced writing the letter H, remind them the letter h makes a /H/ sound. Below is a video to practice letter sound recognition.
- After practicing, writing the letter H and making the /H/ sound. Go through a list of items that start with the letter H. For example Hat, Helmet, Him, Hippo, Hawaii, Happy, Head, Hands, Hips, Heart.
- Have your child pick one word that starts with the letter H, once they have decided the word they want to use, have them draw a picture to represent that word.
As always, if you decide to complete any of these activities please send me a picture or video J
Files for this Assignment: