- The days of the week. What day is it today, what day was it yesterday, what day will it be tomorrow?
- Months of the year.
- Count from 1-10 and backwards 10-1.
- The weather (throughout the week, have the children tell you the changes they see).
- Review the number of the week (6)
- Review the letter of the week (I)
Music and Movement: Let us shake those sillies out!
Academic Lesson: Math
Today we are going to look at patterns. Below is a video of a AB pattern video. An example of an AB pattern would be (Red, blue, red, blue).
- Remind your children that patterns are something that repeats itself.
- Watch the pattern video provided below.
- Now it is your turn! Find stuff lying around your house that you could use to make a pattern. For example: Socks, Hats, Shoes, Cups (you could also use food such as different types of cereals, Different colored sprinkles, Different kinds of chocolate chip..etc.)
- Try to create as many AB patterns as you can!
The thing about spring!
After listening to this read aloud, talk about how the weather changes from Winter to Springtime. What starts to grow on the trees? Does the weather get warmer or colder? Do the birds start coming out or are they still down south?
Files for this Assignment: