I hope this finds you all safe and well. I am not enjoying this rain today. I like to go sit outside in my backyard with Bruno and enjoy being outdoors while social distancing. Being stuck inside today is not fun! I hope that you all are able to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather we have been having.
Below, you will find 5 writing topics I would like you to look at this week. You need to write 3-5 paragraphs for each topic. I would like you to do AT LEAST 2, if not all 5. Your responses should have an introduction paragraph, 1 to 3 paragraphs in the body and a concluding paragraph.
- What value is most important to your family? How do you display it in your everyday life?
- What is your greatest talent? How did you discover it?
- Do you think you could go one month without using the Internet? Why or why not? What would be the hardest part?
- In your opinion, is it important for people to study history? Why or why not?
- Write a letter to your future self.
I would also like you to be spending some time reading and speaking the language we have been working on this year.
I recommend that you send 30 minutes a day reading. You can read whatever book, magazine or web article you want. Just READ!!!
You should also be practicing speaking English with everyone in your house. I know it is easy to just speak whatever language your family is comfortable with. Now, as we are home with family, is the perfect time for you to help your parents or other adults in the house practice their English. Pick one conversation a day that you would normally have in Spanish and do it in English. Help your conversation partner correct their speech. Ask them to help you correct yours. Let me know how these practices are going.
Stay safe! Stay healthy! Work hard.
I miss you all, Ms. Reilly
Files for this Assignment: