Teacher: Reilly (email@example.com)
Hello Grade 5-8 ELL students:
This week, I would like us to practice our writing skills. I have picked the following writing prompts for you to try.
- Pick one and write about it. Use the strategies we learned this year. (Freewrite, brainstorm, word flow, etc.). Let the ideas come.
- Then, read your response aloud to yourself. Add or take away words as you hear how it sounds.
- Then, ask someone at home to read the writing for you and offer corrections, suggestions.
- Take a 15-20 minute break from writing.
- When you come back to your writing, start with a new piece of paper and rewrite the piece to turn in.
- Once you have a completed piece of writing, submit it to me on Google Classroom. I have created an assignment titled “Week 2 Writing Prompt”. I will look for all your entries there.
Happy writing! Stay safe and stay well. I love you and miss you.
TOPICS to choose from
- What would it be like to live in a world where everyone’s dreams came true?
- Imagine that you are given the power to make any one of your dreams come true. Which dream would you choose? Write about the dream that is most important to you and why you would most want it to come true.
- Pick a natural landmark or a geographical feature and write an origin story about it from the perspective of one of the world’s first civilized cultures. How did the landmark or geographical feature come to be? What does it represent? Why should it be important to humans?
- If you could go to space at some point in your life, what would you most like to see or experience? Choose anything in the universe and write about it—whether or not it would be realistic for a person to travel there!
- If you could invent any tool or new technology that would improve your life in some way, what would you create? What would it do? How would it work? When would you use it?