Teacher: Reilly (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Hello Grade 5-8 ELL students:
Again this week, I would like us to practice our writing skills. I have picked the following writing prompts for you to try.
- Pick one and write about it. Use the strategies we learned this year. (Freewrite, brainstorm, word flow, etc.). Let the ideas come.
- Then, read your response aloud to yourself. Add or take away words as you hear how it sounds.
- Then, ask someone at home to read the writing for you and offer corrections, suggestions.
- Take a 15-20 minute break from writing.
- When you come back to your writing, start with a new piece of paper and rewrite the piece to turn in.
- Once you have a completed piece of writing, submit it to me on Google Classroom. I have created an assignment titled “Week 3 Writing Prompt”. I will look for all your entries there.
Do as many as interest you. PLEASE do at least one.
Happy writing! Stay safe and stay well. I love you and miss you.
Describe a time in your life when someone treated you unfairly.
- Give directions on how to find something quickly on the internet.
- What would you do if you were lost in the city?
- Describe a sporting or music event you attended.
- Talk about a time that you lost something and how you found it again.
- Write about a time you had to make a hard decision.
- If you could buy a gift for a loved one, no matter how much it cost, what would you buy them? Why?
- What is the best way to study for a test?
- Describe something you’re good at?
- Write about a time you felt scared, describing where you were at and what scared you.
- Describe the car of your dreams.
- If you could change an event in history, what would it be?
- How would your life change if you won the lottery?
- Would you rather watch a movie or read a book? Why?
Files for this Assignment: