In this activity, you will:
- Read a summary of what we’ve learned with cells so far.
- Learn about different types of cells in the human body
- Describe how different types of cells may have different amounts of each organelle.
When you open the worksheet, please follow all directions to answer all questions. Part 1 consists of a reading passage followed by some short questions, and part 2 consists of describing different human cells based on their organelles and functions.
- Use the work in previous assignments to help you remember the functions of each organelle, or search them on your own if you’re having trouble remembering each function.
- In part 2, keep in mind that ALL cells have ALL animal organelles in some amount. But different cell types will have more of 1 organelle than another based on its function. For example, a brain cell needs a LOT of Ribosomes to make more DNA and lots of Golgi Bodies to send signals to the rest of the body, but it still has mitochondria, cell membranes, etc.
Please submit your work to me via google drive or email.
And don’t forget to follow the 5/6 team on Instagram @donahue23.2020 and check out Ms. Erika’s live classroom Thursday morning at 11 AM!
Files for this Assignment: