In this activity, you will:
- Look at a food web diagram
- Use the food web diagram to answer questions about animal and plant needs
- Examine the food chains within each food web.
In the attached worksheet, please read all directions carefully. Use the image on page 1 to help answer all questions.
Some helpful tips:
- The red arrows in the food web indicate the direction of energy movement. For example, when a grasshopper eats corn, the energy moves from the corn to the grasshopper. You can also think of this as the arrows pointing from the food to the consumer.
- The formatting on word documents can be a little wonky when uploaded to google drive. Don’t worry too much about how it looks, I’ll be able to figure it out so long as the words are on the page.
- Primary Consumer – a consumer that eats only producers (grasshopper)
- Secondary Consumer – a consumer that eats primary consumers (frog)
- Tertiary Consumer – a consumer that eats secondary consumers. (snake).
Submit the work to me on google drive by sharing it with me there!
And don’t forget to follow the 5/6 Donahue team on Instagram @donahue23.2020 and Ms. Erika’s live classroom at 10:00 AM on Thursday!
Files for this Assignment: