Hi 3rd graders!
Thanks to all who have made it to our Zooms, completed online work, and sent me pictures of their learning! Even if you can’t attend the Zooms, you can definitely do the online and offline learning below!
Students are on April Break Monday 4/20- Wednesday 4/22. Over the course of these days they can continue to work on enriching learning activities, or they can take a break from school, either is 100% a good choice. I will still be generally available to students 10am-5pm on those days. However, Monday-Wednesday Zoom classes are canceled for 3rd graders! We will resume Zooms on Thursday and Friday.
Today we practiced subtracting on the open number line! You can practice this skill by playing our math game, Find that Addend!
Teach Find that Addend to 2 people at home, send me a picture, and earn a dojo point!
Today we shared our Daily Diaries! We will continue to keep these daily diaries each day and have the option of sharing them on Zoom. Remember that if you send me a picture of your Daily Diary, you will earn 2 dojo points per entry!!! Check out an example here!
We learned about sequencing our directions and discussed what good directions look like. Specifically, we learned that good directions always go in order!
We will have 2 Zooms next week on Thursday 4/23 (Ms. Thomas) and 4/24 (Ms. Parent)!
Ms. Thomas Zooms
Time: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 1-2pm
Zoom Link: https://bostonu.zoom.us/j/497382729
Meeting ID: 497-382-729
Ms. Parent Zooms
Assignments (Completing each assignment earns a dojo point!)
- Find that Addend: Teach our new game to 2 people in your household and send me a picture of you playing
- Google Classroom: Students have been assigned some math practice on Google Classroom. The assignment is called “2-digit Subtraction on the Open Number Line DUE 4/23” and is due next Thursday!
- Khan Academy: Students should be spending at least 1 hour working on Khan Academy assignments each week!
- Daily Diary: Students should continue creating one Daily Diary entry each day. Please send me pictures of your child’s diary if you would like to! ** worth 2 dojo points!
- Functional Writing: Keep writing about something you help with around the house! Make sure your directions are in the correct order!
ST Math: Text or Dojo me for login information
More Math Games:
Other Fun Activities
- Jet’s Rocketship Creator
- Weather Tracker
- Architecture Scavenger Hunt
- Draw Your Own Creature Power Suit
- Let’s Draw Arthur
- Already working on Khan Academy this week:
- Rm 6: Alismar, Devorah, Ryleigh, Shali, Lindsey
- Rm 7: Avalei, Xavier Rivera, Evan
- Completed Assignments on Google Classroom: Iliana, Julieanna, Shali, Abdulaziz, Avalei, Evan, Darelyn, Xavier
I love and miss you all! Stay happy and healthy!