Teacher: Thomas (email@example.com)
Hi 3rd graders!
I am so lucky to get to connect with you each week! Thank you for coming to the Zoom meetings and putting in the hard work at home! Below, you can read a summary of our class today and see the assignments whether or not you were able to attend the Zoom.
Class Dojo Challenge
You can earn dojo points by participating in virtual learning! You’ll get a dojo each time you…
- Attend a Zoom Class
- Complete an hour of Khan Academy in a week
- Complete Google Classroom Assignments
- Have an adult send me a picture of your learning
- this can include the games we’ve learned, writing assignments, and other learning activities you do at home
When your class earns 100 points all together Ms. Thomas will let you vote on what you want her to do. Options might include…
- A picture of Ms. Thomas with a crazy hair style
- A video of Ms. Thomas singing a song
- A video of Ms. Thomas learning a dance move
- A video of Ms. Thomas getting a pie in the face
More participation=more challenges for Ms. Thomas to complete, so get to work! You’re all in this together!
You can watch a video of me reviewing some addition strategies here.
Teach Find that Addend to 2 people at home, send me a picture, and earn a dojo point!
Today we shared our Daily Diaries! We will continue to keep these daily diaries each day and have the option of sharing them on Zoom. Check out an example here!
We also learned more about functional writing and discussed some of the things we help out with at home. Check out an example of my functional writing that I made in 2nd grade, describing how I clean cabinets!
We will have more Zooms next week!
Time: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 1-2pm
Zoom Link: https://bostonu.zoom.us/j/497382729
Meeting ID: 497-382-729
Assignments (Completing each assignment earns a dojo point!)
- Find that Addend: Teach our new game to 2 people in your household and send me a picture of you playing
- Google Classroom: Students have been assigned some math practice on Google Classroom. The assignment is called “Place Value Addition Practice 4/9” and is due Tuesday, 4/14
- Khan Academy: Students should be spending at least 1 hour working on Khan Academy assignments each week!
- Daily Diary: Students should continue creating one Daily Diary entry each day. Please send me pictures of your child’s diary if you would like to!
- Functional Writing: Write about something that you do to help around the house. Explain your steps in a paragraph or list form. Pictures diagraming your directions are also helpful!
ST Math: Text or Dojo me for login information
More Math Games:
Other Fun Activities
- Completed 1 Hour of Khan Academy this week
- Rm 6: Alismar, Devorah, Julieanna, Ryleigh, Shali, Xavier Ramirez
- Rm 7: Davian, Evan, Jaylexis, Xavier Rivera
- Completed Assignments on Google Classroom: Angel, Devorah, Darelyn, Ryleigh, Jaylexis, Julieanna, Avalei, Xavier, Davian, and Evan
I love and miss you all! Stay happy and healthy!
Files for this Assignment: